Saturday, June 12, 2021

Airfix D-Day Battlefront

 

The time has come to enhance my skills at painting.  I have turned my attention to vacuum form bases. I started with the IMEX ones from their US Civil War kits. (Those I will post soon.) It was more challenging then it first appeared. Trying to blend colors and get some sort of realistic shading proven more difficult then I thought. This box set took me about two weeks for about 12 hours of actual work. I would enjoy comments for improvement. I have looked on TMP and there are no threads on the subject. So, I am hoping to start a conversation with those of you who have had experience and success on this type of medium.  


Here I added some grass on the dirt areas for a little texture.

The gents in the house came out fine, but my wash was a bit too much.  My road on the other hand could have been darker. The sidewalk too could have been a little different.
        

I do like the way I captured the brick work and burn marks on the building.  

I think this is the best Airfix Sherman I have done to date. I added the Hat American tanker and painted him up to look like Odd Ball from Kelly's Heroes. 

Ok I struggled with the blah debris by the house and across the road. I did order some rumble in 1/72 from Canada. I am going to apply that to my ESCI Barbarossa kit for effect.  Also, the road track marks...I don't know what to say.  I was not really pleased how they turned out. 

The Tiger also came out better then I thought for the molding that it is.  This kit is like what 100 years old??? LOL  The extra figures are Hat and Caesar.  



Again road, tread tracks and sidewalk could have come out better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to model airplanes!

                                                Thank you, Jim Davis and Garfield, for making us laugh ! The last several weeks have been ve...