Saturday, June 19, 2021

 Before I did the Airfix Battlefront I worked on this base from Bellona's Miniscenes.  It is their "Ambush" one with removable hill tops, bridge and trap.  I scored it on Ebay, but the hill tops were missing. 

I wanted to experiment with shading and color.  The color of the road came out decent, but I struggled with the general landscape.  I added the flocking, but no ground texture.

The river was nice touch. I used ArtMinds Blue Waterscape.  The only trouble with that is your surface must be absolutely flat to set evenly.  The flowers were purchased as a set from Hobby Lobby.  It gives a little color and variety. 

 
I am assuming the hilltop went over the crater. The kits are 1/76 Matchbox more or less painted for the Polish Campaign.  So this is a pleasant drive over the Polish countryside and scouting some trap door the Sd,Kfz.251 is sitting on.  Good job guys... Benny Hill could do better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to model airplanes!

                                                Thank you, Jim Davis and Garfield, for making us laugh ! The last several weeks have been ve...