Monday, June 21, 2021

Entrenchment

 I got this entrenchment years ago in a BUM Spanish Civil War kit.  I never gave much consideration to painting it until I learned how to make the dull plastic look like more than splashes of paint. It is a hard white plastic base with little ground features. 

Therefore, I added, at the recommendation of a few gents on TMP, some texture.  I used an acrylic paste, which is bushed on.  The grit is crushed kitty litter.  I sprinkle it on after applying the paste.  
I have used crushed kitty litter for years on my figure bases, but I didn't give much thought to the application here. Once it dried, I covered with Modge Podge to seal the kitty litter. That gives it a hard coat to paint on. 
First base coats
Some flocking and more paint...

 
and not too bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to model airplanes!

                                                Thank you, Jim Davis and Garfield, for making us laugh ! The last several weeks have been ve...