Monday, August 16, 2021

Operation Barbarossa

 


I picked up this gem on Ebay a few weeks ago. It is a pretty good set.  It has tanks, troops and war accessories. However.... I am not sure the choice of tanks for the time period is all that accurate, to be polite. Anyway, the diorama base is one of the better ones.  I think this also comes in the Saigon ESCI set.  Again, I used crushed kitty litter on some acrylic paste and let it set for 24 hours.  

Here is a rough finish.  I still had more work to do. But, this is a good example of always work from dark to light tones.  

I am very pleased with the way this came out.  I added some 1/72 scale brick bits I found on Ebay.  

Now the tanks choices are very odd, indeed.  The Russian T-34 is a the 1943 version. The Wespe is from 1942.  At least the 35(t) was in Operation Barbarossa, but in limited numbers. ESCI could have used their KV1 and given the Germans a PzII or III.   
 
I choose to use the accessories very sparingly. I did not want to overwhelm the diorama with stuff and take away from the brick bits and painted scenery. 


These Germans are from Plastic Soldier Co. 



Now I reequipped the diorama for something like Kharkov 1943...











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to model airplanes!

                                                Thank you, Jim Davis and Garfield, for making us laugh ! The last several weeks have been ve...