Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Airfix M3 Half Track

 

Well, it's been many, many years since I built an Airfix American M3.  To borrow an expression..."it's an oldie, but a goodie." I enjoyed this relatively easy kit.  I didn't recall it being as fiddly as it was.  However, time skews memories... maybe like a bad marriage. (Did I say that? lol)  It went together pretty easy.  The slight issue was getting the under carriage and hull to secure properly.  I used clothes pens to hold them in place. Outside of that, most everything went together well.  This kit was released in 1966! So, not too bad.

The overall detailing is a little weak. I rummaged up a few spare parts to add some detail. The kit packs are from a Fujimi American Jeep and 37mm anti-tank gun set.  The Gerri Cans are from Plastic Toy Soldier. The cargo is from Top Gear.  The crew is from Matchbox, as they too are 1/76 scale.  I tried the "Tank Riders" from Hat, but they were two large.  Airfix Marines were a thought, but the poses would not work. I like to think these guys are a part of the "Kelly's Heroes" platoon fighting their way through the occupied French town on their way through enemy lines. 


Look, I know it is a different version... but it's my blog... If you know the movie, you know what I mean. 




1 comment:

  1. Hey Col Dave, nice work, I still have my Airfix M3 Half Track in a shoe box in the shed lovely bit of kit! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Back to model airplanes!

                                                Thank you, Jim Davis and Garfield, for making us laugh ! The last several weeks have been ve...